5.5.12

LOAD 512 Day 4

Each Friday during this month's LOAD will focus on one of the 5 senses.
Today's theme was hearing. So basically anything to do with (the lack of) sound.

Since I recently did 2 pages that both featured quotes (view them here and here), I did not want to repeat myself and go that predictable route. I also didn't feel like digging up photos on the internet of my favourite bands/songs.

Then I had a bout of inspiration: today is Memorial Day in NL, and every year at 8pm sharp, the whole nation upholds 2 minutes of silence to commemmorate the victims (both military and civilian) of armed conflict from WWII on. So I decided to do a page on silence instead of sound.


The clocks symbolize the 2 minutes of silence during the memorial service. The image is a still from tonight's news broadcast.

Today also marks the 1-year anniversary of my grandmother's funeral (I cannot believe it's been a year already!), so that was also on my mind tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment