2.5.12

LOAD 512 Day 2 | PLOAW Week 16

Today's LOAD-challenge was a tough one: do NOT use a photo on your page.
It seems a bit odd, doesn't it? Isn't the whole purpose of scrapbooking to put a dent in all those piles of photos?

Strictly speaking, recording any memory could be considered scrapbooking, whether by using photos, newspaper clippings, journaling, memorabilia/ephemera (think: ticket stubs, receipts, postcards), etc.
So, though most scrapbookers tend to focus primarily on using photos, it certainly isn't mandatory.
It just takes some thinking outside the box (hmmm... what a coincidence that that's the theme of this month of LOAD- not!)

Anyway, I struggled a bit with coming up with an idea so I browsed the gallery for some inspiration and came across a layout that another LOADster did for Day 1. I liked it so much that I decided to scraplift it.
Here's my version:


I stamped the journaling spots, and since the PLOAW-challenge for week 16 was to use stamps on your page, this layout was a 2-birds-with-1-stone page ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment