17.5.12

LOAD 512 Day 17

Another round of Who Woulda Thunk Thursday! Today's topic: the cartoon connection.
Or: use a cartoon (printed or animated) as inspiration, for instance with regard to the colour scheme.

A few years ago I made a page for BPC's Design Your Life class by Cathy Zielske about a trip to Portugal where I forgot the key to my suitcase on my nightstand at home and my mother forced the lock by using a teaspoon. Her nickname for the rest of the trip was Teaspoon Lady ("Vrouwtje Theelepel"), after a 1980's cartoon character that had a magic teaspoon.


I was never really happy about the page, something always felt a bit "off" but I couldn't put my finger on it.
Then I had a brainwave today: an A4 redo with the same papers but in different proportions!



I scanned in the photos from my old page (they were from before the digital era...), omitted 2 of them and used a new image plucked from the internet of Mrs Pepperpot (which is the English name of Vrouwtje Theelepel).
And there you have it, a much more pleasing page (in my opinion anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment