December Daily 2011 - album

These past few days I've been working on my December Daily album. I initially thought about making my own wire album using cardboard scraps, but then I remembered the cute little We R Memory Keepers 6"x8" mini album I recently used during a workshop, and decided to buy another one and alter it.

I figured the most efficient way to go about this was to spray paint the in- and outside of the album. So I bought a can of all-purpose white spray paint and went to town.

(spraypainting in progress)

Unfortunately the spray paint didn't work very well: for some reason the paint didn't take well on the canvas cover (contrary to the insides of the cardboard box...) It also took forever for the paint to dry. 

Time for plan B...
I decided to go ahead paint the album with off-white acrylic paint using a small roller. This worked pretty well, but both the inside and the outside needed several coats and still remained somewhat blotchy.

(spraypainted cover before rolling on the acrylic paint)

Time for plan C: glimmer mist! I checked my stash and decided to go with silver glimmer mist instead of pearl. I sprayed both sides of the cover with 2 layers of glimmer mist.

(you can barely make out the glimmer mist)

And here it is, both the before and after. I still need to add some embellishments, but the base is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment