5.11.11

Bag accessory

A while ago I bought this turquoise Nepalese bag (in Paris, France of all places...). Although I loved the bag, it had a hideous wooden key-chain-type hanger adorning it, and I've wanted to change it for the longest time.

At last weekend's craft fair, I came across little crocheting kits to make a bag accessory. And guess what? They had them in turquoise too!

So that's what I've been upto yesterday evening and this afternoon. It's - literally! - been decades since I last crocheted ANYTHING, so it took a bit longer than it would have taken a seasoned crocheter to make the layered flower. I had to check my newly purchased crochet guide several times to reacquaint myself with the different stitches... A great little project to refresh my memory, though!

 The kit's content.

Progress after day 1: the crocheting part is done.

The final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment