1.12.12

December Daily 2012 | Day 1

I wasn't sure whether I would do another December Daily album this year, considering that I never finished last year's... One thing was certain: I had to simplify the process to ensure I kept up with it for the entire month.

Ali Edwards herself used a 4x6 album from Studio Calico for this year's album, but the kit it came with sold out in no-time and I couldn't find a decent substitute. However, I did have an old linen album that I bought at HEMA ages ago (that they no longer sell). It was meant as a storage album for cd's, but Moniek used it for a mini-album in the past, and I liked that idea so much that I bought a couple to use in due time. And it appears that time has now come ;-)

It doesn't quite fit 4x6 pageprotectors, so I has to improvise. I gathered several sheets of Basic Grey double sided paper from different winter collections and cut them to 13,3cmx15cm. Instead of buying ready-made digital templates, I made my own photo template (for just 1 photo) and journaling templates (1 red, 1 green) in Photoshop.

Ali used wood veneer trees in her album, and I had some felt ones laying around - perfect!
I added green felt letter stickers on the cover and a bit of red baker's twine to finish it off.



The first page has a bingo card from a Simple Stories sheet, another felt tree and some baker's twine.


The dates were added using my extensive collection of letter stickers...

 
This first day of December, my friend Alexandra and I visited the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment